Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 8: Corie

Apparently I'm really bad at keeping up this whole "I'm grateful for..." thing I've been trying to do. I'm actually kind of sad about it because it's a great idea. I'm just too much of a slacker to actually get it done. Does that prove how grateful I actually am? I hope not.

Anyway, today I am grateful for my friend Corie. Corie is funny and always looking out for others. She always wants to make sure that everyone is taken care of and that no one is offended or left out. As a result, she always makes sure I'm okay and checks in to see if there is anything I need. She's always willing to discuss with me anything good or bad that's going on in my life. Another thing I really admire about Corie is that she always wants to do what's right. She has a genuine desire to be a good person and make right choices in her life. We all need examples that her!

It was Corie's birthday this last week. We babysat their newborn so her and her husband could go out on a hot date, just the two of them. When they returned we celebrated with a variety of Weight Watcher desserts (she's trying to loose the baby weight, and I was trying to be supportive).
I'm grateful to have Corie as a friend and to share the joys of being married to medical students together. I hope there will be lots more fun in the future.

1 comment:

ej said...

If Corie is the girl in the picture, may I ask what baby weight? She looks great! But still, you are cute with the weight watchers treats.