Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 10: Shari

I was lucky enough to meet Shari many years ago in Portland, Oregon. We were assigned to be missionary companions for 6 weeks. You know how there are some people that you just know you were meant to meet? Well Shari is one of those people for me. We instantly hit it off and worked together so well. We got along great, we had so much fun together, we were successful in our teaching and created great relationships with the people in the area.

Shari has a way of making others around her happy. It's instant too! Her unwavering faith and independence is powerful. She treats everyone like they are her most favorite person and she's 100% genuine about it. She has a great work ethic and desire to be devoted to her beliefs.

I am grateful for the friendship we created long ago. Although I never get to see her, I look back at those times and instantly smile. She has changed me, who I want to be, and who I know I can be. I believe it was her birthday last week too. So Shari, thanks for all you have taught me, Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

Jen! You are so sweet! I finally had time to sit down at 6:00 am and look through blogs! Thanks for being such a sweet friend! I often think about our short time together in Oregon City and how sad I was to leave.... we still had work to do there! I have to say that one transfer together is where I really grew and learned more about the work from you. I remember all the runs we did and the I don't 10 mile run we did on P day! Crazy! You are so sweet and so thoughtful and I am so glad we are friends. I know its sad we don't see each other often but I am glad we have memories and maybe someday Matt and I will trek to VA since we aren't that far away in NY! Happy Holidays Jen and Peter!