Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 5: My Primary Class

Each Sunday I have the pleasure to teach the 5 and 6 year olds at church. I love the two hours I get to spend with them, even if it's difficult sometimes. I am grateful for how loving them are to me. I am always greeted by a huge hug and smile every week. They constantly compliment me on a new dress or earrings, my shoes, you name it (6 year old girls are easy to impress).

These kids always have something funny to stay and constantly want to share some joke or story they learned the week before. I just love it. I'm always so proud whenever they know the answers to questions or remember things we learned the week before.

I am grateful for the spirit I feel with them and the simplistic perspective on life they remind me of. As I prepare the lessons to teach them I am also reminded of the simple doctrines of the gospel of Jesus Christ and how what we need to do to be happy is clearly laid out for us.

I love these kids!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a neat idea! I'll be staying tuned throughout the month.

Jetta said...

I recently was released but taught sunbeams in my ward for awhile. My introduction to sunbeams was hilarious. The most prim little girl of the group (also the most talkative) said, out of nowhere, "we don't say buttcheeks" Adam and I still laugh about that to this day.