Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a dandy ol' time over Thanksgiving weekend this year. Wednesday, after skipping for joy out of work, we went to see Twighlight. I have not seen a movie in so long! I was reminded how silly and dramatic the whole concept of the books are. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the movie and Edward's eyes. Plus, I think I want Bella's hair.

I started my Thursday morning off with the charity run, Trot for Hunger in D.C. It was an absolutely beautiful morning as we ran along the Potomac River passing the National Monuments; plus it raised money for the hungry in the area. I want to make this a tradition while we live in D.C., but it's hard to make it a real fun tradition when none of my family or friends join me. Sad. Peter, joined some boys from church and played some football, duh. Then we headed over to Peter's parents house for the rest of the day. His Aunt, Uncle and Cousin Emily came to town to celebrate. As I sat at the Thanksgiving table I was reminded of how truly grateful I am for this new family I've inherited. I'm so grateful to have additional people in my life to support me, to have fun with, and to learn from. This was Peter and I's first Thanksgiving together as a married couple. I know it's cheesy, but I loved it! I love that we get to spend holidays together. I love that he is my husband, seriously, I love it!

This weekend involved lots of game playing and watching sports. If you have not yet played games with the Bell family you are missing out. They are rowdy and loud ....... and so fun. I think I ate more and slept more this last weekend than I have for the last two weeks combined. It was fabulous!

3 comments:

Marianne and Brad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marianne and Brad said...

yes he is coming for Christmas! On the 26...so after :)I am coming on the 18th. And I am glad you guys had fun playing games and stuff over thanksgiving. I can't wait to come back and get in on the action! miss you guys!

ej said...

Man the movie had a few cheesy parts that had me laughing so hard I was crying. But overall I give it a thumbs up, esp. for being low budget.
Sounds like a great Thanksgiving- ours of course was lack luster with Nathan out of country and without the Bells, obviously. I had myself a little sulk Thurs. night cuz I knew what I was missing out on on the east coast.