Monday, December 8, 2008

Could life get any better?

This weekend was so great! Peter and I picked up our very own Christmas tree and brought it home to decorate on Saturday. We aren't very "tree picking savvy" which caused some frustration at the store, but we ended up picking a great one. We spent the afternoon decorating it and working on projects around the house. I have to say, I really felt like we are our own little family. Some of you are probably thinking, "Well duh, you are one!", but it really felt like it on Saturday. Oh and to make the day even better we watched lots of great college football and ate Five Guys (Five Guys being the East Coast version of In-N-Out). On Sunday evening we cuddled up next to the fire, with a plate of hot chocolate chip cookies, and watched the Christmas Devotional. As we were there together I couldn't help but think of how grateful I am to have so many wonderful things and so much peace in my life. Oh, and I've decided that Christmastime is kind of a romantic time of year! I've never really noticed before, but I'm loving it and intend to take full advantage of it.

2 comments:

ej said...

You even got a star to stay on top!!! Dang! This is the time of year when Nathan and I fell in love so I am with ya on it feeling romantic. It brings back really good memories for us. I love how happy you guys are in all of your posts- YOU DESERVE IT!!!!

The Martin's said...

Oh such a cute little newlywed couple! It makes me wanna sit by the fire with my hubby...after our cute little rugrats are sleeping :)