Monday, November 24, 2008

Saturday was good too

We both woke up early Saturday morning for a full day. Peter headed off to a church meeting while I went downtown for the Walk for the Homeless 2008. This event raises a lot of money for various organizations working to support the homeless. I met my good friend Jeanette down there for a beautiful walk around the monuments in D.C. We even enjoyed watching many do the electric slide to stay warm while we were waiting for the event to start. I love getting involved in things like this and enjoying the city.


Saturday night (after a million errands and Stake Conference) we gathered with friends and family to watch the BYU vs. UofU football game. Although the end result left me a little disappointed, it was still a great night. It was our friend Cory's Birthday the day before and so we ended our night with a little celebration. Peter and I couldn't decided which kind of cake to make so we made a chocolate cake with 1/3 regular, 1/3 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and 1/3 Junior Mint. It was good!


And I hate to brag again, but check out how much I bought gas for on Saturday! Holla!

4 comments:

RuSty and LaLa said...

I would like a piece of the Reeses cake please.

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

Wow! I have been reading your blog and you guys seem to have so much fun out there! I envy you living out in the east! I think it would be a good experience! I hope all is going well! :)

Cason and Marie said...

I can not believe how cheap gas is!! Wow, I love it! We got our yellow chair from Potterybarn. It was a floor model display, so we got it for a really really good deal. Otherwise, I would not have bought it. If we didn't find it I would have just bought a used chair and covered it myself. (I think they have directions online.) You could always try that! Glad you guys found us!

The Martin's said...

I too enjoyed Edwards eyes...twice! I have a slight crush on him.