Monday, December 15, 2008

Hot Friday night date at Costco

Am I the only one that loves these? Friday night, you pick up the essentials you need for the home with your significant other and then grab a delightful piece of pizza or a hot dog; always accompanied by a berry smoothie of course. Peter and I have had a few of these lately and I love them. This Friday night we even splurged and got a printer!

Saturday morning was another fun family activity. We scrapped all the existing caulking out of our bathroom in order to re-grout some areas and re-caulk everything. Fun for the whole family! Saturdays always seem to be filled with running errands and trying to get a million things done. Well this particular Saturday I was literally RUNNING errands, I was running from store to store in order to get everything done I needed to. Well as I was running out of Target I obviously did not see the patch of ice (out of no where, because it's not that cold here yet) and fell flat! One second I was running, the next I was flat on my belly with a few fun bruises on my knees and elbows. It was definitely more embarrassing then painful, oh man.

Speaking of embarrassing, at our ward Christmas party this year there was karaoke. Oh yes. Any my cute little husband always the one to try and make people laugh and support the program all at the same time, made us sing a duet. And me, not wanting to be the party pooper totally went along with it. It was embarrassing, the music wasn't loud enough and it turned out we really only knew the words to the chorus, etc. I'm sure you've experienced the same or watch some one do it. My entire life my mother has prompted all of us children multiple times a day and in every situation, "Be fun! Be fun!" and so I couldn't not "Be Fun!". Well at least I tried to be.

3 comments:

RuSty and LaLa said...

Seriously I love it! THe Karaoke story brought tears to my eyes. Not only have I seen others do the same but have found my slef thinking "I swore I knew this song...oh well!"

Costco Is always a great date. I actually prefer going for the free samples myself!

The Crowley's said...

Costco also happens to be the best place to take kids out to dinner as well!!!

Brock and Michelle Mathis said...

Hey Jenny I'm so glad you blog. Ok Brock and I totally have dates just like your. Love it. Costco pizza is so good. Hope to see you when you come out next. Lets talk soon.