Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I've been tagged by the Christmas Tag

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate. I’m not a huge fan of hot drinks in general, but on occasion a few sips of hot chocolate can hit the spot.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrap, but he always seems to use different wrapping than the other presents under the tree.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White! Love the look!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, my husband already kisses me whenever I want!

5. When do you put up your decorations?
First weekend in December. This is the first year I’ve had an official tree and grown up decorations. Thanks to the donations of décor by Peter’s mother.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Homemade cinnamon rolls. My Dad makes them every Christmas Eve so we have a fun treat on Christmas morning.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Going on trips with my family for Christmas where we didn’t do any presents, we just went snowboarding all week and that was our present.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Uh..... always known he's amazing.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Only if my Mom or grandparents got us pajamas and they wanted us to wear them that night.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
White lights, different colored balls, and pretty ribbon. I’m sure my tree decorating and décor will evolve over the years.

11. What is another favorite Christmas tradition memory?
I love, love making sugar cookies with the family.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, and I’ve got moves even! I like to go to the center of the rink and make up some spin move or something fancy like that. It usually never really is very fancy, but it’s always fun. Then I brag the rest of the night to whoever I’m with about how good I am.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
When I was a kid my parents got my sister and I matching pink and purple ten speeds. Those were the coolest things ever!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with those I love. I get so much joy out of just hanging out with my family and seeing the faces of my nieces as they open their presents. Plus, the Holidays seem to put a better perspective on my life as I am reminded on the true meaning of Christmas.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
I’m a fan of my Mom’s Chex mix.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Probably the food! Yikes, that’s not good. I also love Christmas Eve as we gather together to read Luke 2 and other stories. Our family always attempts to sing Christmas songs together and none of us are very good at singing and so it usually turns out to be a giggling session.

17. What tops your tree?
A pretty star!

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Definitely giving! I love to see the reactions on people’s faces as they open your gift. Plus I’m not very good at receiving gifts or compliments. I usually get all awkward and stuff.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Probably Hark! The Herald Angels Sing

20. Candy Canes?
Only if they are watermelon or bubble gum or “something good” flavored.

21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized?
Yes, ma’am, but I still love it.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Congrats on your first official x-mas tree! I think it looks FABULOUS...gotta love christmas! Oh, and I can't believe it has already been 6 months!