Tuesday, March 31, 2009

San Diego

This last week Peter and I went to San Diego for his Spring Break. It was a great get away from everyday life. The weather was so pleasant and warm. We sat around a lot, visited with lots of family, played games, went to the beach, and ate at all of my favorite places. Of course, we hit some of them (In-N-Out) more than once. Every time I'm in San Diego I just am so happy and feel so at home, even though it has been so long since I've lived there. It was great to be able to show Peter where we use to live, my High School and talk about the good ol' days. Peter's grandparents along with mine and some cousins live out there and so it was so great to spend quality time with them. I even got to go to a baby shower of a friend of mine from high school, which was so fun. It was great to see how surprised everyone was when I walked in.
One of the things I love most about San Diego is just sitting outside enjoying the sunset or the perfect weather and reading a book. It was a great trip and definitely hard to come back to work and school.

2 comments:

M. said...

ooooh... I've been thinking about moving there. But your two posts say it SD vs Virginia is for lovers ;) *sigh* what will I do!

Laina said...

Aww I wish I knew you were so close!