Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Becky

A little while ago was my friend Becky's birthday (on the right) and I failed to give a shout out to her on that day, but I wanted to today. Becky and I met orientation week our freshman year of college at Utah State. I thought her and her friends were cool so I kind of tagged along. Luckily it didn't take too long for them to think I was cool too and we soon became friends. 9 1/2 years later almost and we're still good friends. Although our lives have been different and we don't see each other often, she is still one of the nearest and dearest to me. Why you ask, well......
- She is spontaneous and always up for something fun or new to do, no matter the hour.

- She's a fellow lover of treats and snacks. She's become quite the baker lately and I can't wait to try some of her new creations.

- She is a loyal friend and tries hard to stay in touch and take care of all of us.

- She's always willing to listen. Whenever I need someone to talk to that isn't directly involved in my situation, it's easy to go to Becky because she's understanding and objective.

- She's very thoughtful to others and finds ways to make sure people know it.

- She's creative and always tries to use and expand her talents.

- She is an attentive and hard working mother. She runs circles around me and always seems to have the energy to do more.

- She has faith in people and believes they are greater than they may act at the time. She has a great hope in others that seems to lift those around her.

- She makes me feel important.

-She's willing to help others at any time with whatever they need. And she makes it seem like it's no big deal.

- She has faith that through God things will all work out. She has been a huge example of this to me as I've seen her put her trust in the Lord, and in her husband, and in herself.

There is so much more that I could say and I have an experience or a story about all of these thigns I've talked about. I have had so much fun with her over the years. I'm grateful that our paths have crossed and that she has enriched my life so much. Anything to add Valley View girls?

4 comments:

Scott and Laura said...

She does sound like a great friend! And I am sure she can say a lot of those same things about you. As for my days here, I sleep as much as I can here and there, talk to a lot of nurses and eat. :) There is a lot to keep you busy when you are in long term labor and delivery here. :) I wish I could read but the medication makes it hard to pay attention to what I am reading so then it just gets frustrating. So I sometimes will watch a movie or surf the net and spend a lot of time reading people's blogs :) So thanks for updating yours cause it gives me something to read. Silly I know.

Laina said...

That was soo sweet of you Jen! And right on too...Becky is all those things and so much more! Love her!

Cheryl said...

has it really been that long. I'm just horrible at keeping in touch. r u heading out to the reunion?

Flinders Family said...

wow, Jenn! Speaking of what a great friend I am, I'm just looking at your blog for the first time in a few weeks and this is what I see. You are way too nice but, thank you! And you are all those things and more yourself!