Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Family Fun Weekend

After returning from San Diego we had a pretty low key weekend. I'll be honest, it mainly consisted of Peter doing the taxes, cleaning the house and doing the laundry while I took multiple naps.

On Saturday evening though we headed out for a showing of the Briar Woods High School production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Peter's little sister Katie was Violet in the play. It was actually really funny and entertaining. Of course Katie is hilarious and really stole the spotlight in her scenes.
On Sunday we celebrated Peter's Dad's Birthday. We had a great meal, watched some basketball (well, I actually took another nap), and then had yummy cake. I captured some of the family mid- song in this picture and I love it!
Peter's Dad is a very smart, very generous man. We have learned a great deal from him and are grateful we live close enough to continue to learn from him and have fun together with the entire family.

5 comments:

Marianne and Brad said...

hahaha love the picture of Dad! Priceless

Tiana said...

Hmm...why so sleepy Jen?

I am glad you guys had fun in SD.

Cheryl said...

I too am wondering why so many naps in one weekend, Jen? :)

Peter and Jen Bell said...

I had an allergic reaction to some medication I took and so I was on major benadryl. Then I had a pressure headache that wouldn't go away.

Flinders Family said...

Jenn...are you pregnant???? I'm not buying the medication slash headache bit!