Monday, March 16, 2009

It has finally happened

Yesterday at church someone called me by my maiden name and I totally hesitated. It took me a second to register that she was talking about. For the last nine months I have struggled to feel comfortable with my new last name. I awkwardly introduce myself as Jen Gre-Bell, when some sales person asks for my last name I start to say Green and have to then correct myself and say Bell, with everyone giving me a "you're crazy" kind of look. And when I sign my name, it turns out to a B over a G and really isn't that legible. But yesterday, yesterday was a new day. I think I've finally got this new name thing down. I think I'm finally use to be called Jen Bell. Whew-hew for me!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Congrats!...way to go girl. I remember struggling for the longest time as well. Always helps when it isn't some tongue twister of a name.