Thursday, January 29, 2009

Washington, D.C.

My family came out over New Years and I got a couple of cool pictures while we were out and about site seeing. I wish I had more or even some of my family, but I'm just not cool enough to remember to use my camera on a regular basis. I've been living in the D.C. area for a few years now and I love it more and more. There are so many charming things about it. While my family was here we did a lot of the standard stuff like, White House, U.S. Capitol, Air and Space, National Archives, Arlington Cemetery, etc. I think probably one of my most favorite things to do in D.C. is go to the monuments at night. These pictures don't capture the full magnitude and presence these monuments have, but they are still pretty cool.

and of course, the National Cathedral

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Tyson is from Potomac, so we love visiting the monuments whenever we are in town. D.C. is such a beautiful city. Cool pictures. :)

M. said...

I love the National Cathedral. One of these years I will go see the Messiah there at Christmas!

RuSty and LaLa said...

SOmetimes the coolest pictures are at night when you don't have the right setting on your camera and you get funky pics like the first one. I took one like that at a bonfire and it was crazy but really interesting.

Cason and Marie said...

Cool pictures! What a fun week with the family. I still haven't been to Washington D.c. or the east coast actually. I would love to some day!!