Friday, January 16, 2009

Lately I've been having lots of bad dreams. I wake up in the middle of the night totally sweating and my heart beating fast. Sometimes I even wake Peter up to help calm me down. It's ridiculous and I don't know why I'm having them. I have also been having lots of worrying thoughts about bad things happening to people I care about or getting a phone call that something horrible has happened. I double check the locks too often and I get more nervous than normal to drive when there is ice of the road. For some reason I have become more paranoid and I don't like it. Sometimes I wonder if it's because I'm just so happy that I'm worried it's going to go away soon. I don't know, but it's bothering me.

So in order to not focus on my worrying thoughts, I'm going to try and focus on what I'm grateful for. I hope to do regular posts on what I'm grateful for and what brings me joy.

HALIE and LUCY
These two I'm definitely grateful for. They are my sisters kids and I absolutely adore them. Halie is so sassy and so smart.
Lucy is hilarious and strong willed.
Whenever I am around these two I am always happy. They are so fun and they make me feel so loved. I work hard to be their favorite aunt, I just can't help it. I love them so much. For some reason I have been missing them so much lately as we live very far from each other right now and I don't get to see them as often as I would like. I'm just so grateful they are a part of my life and especially grateful they are a part of my sisters life, they have brought her so much joy and love over the years and I'm so grateful for that.

3 comments:

M. said...

umm. Could you be having a little bundle of joy?? Just...putting it out there... :) I'm sorry you are having that and way to focus on the good!

HH said...

That was so sweet Jenny. We love you too and are so thankful for you in our lives.

Laina said...

I have bad dreams ALL the time.
They suck. :(