Thursday, January 29, 2009

I really feel like an adult now

I joined a book club. Yes, I did. There are several women from my church in the area that get together for a book club each month and last night was my first night attending. Aren't adults the only people who join book clubs? I think so. As nerdy as some of you may think I am, I love it. This last month we read, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. It was an excellent, heart wrenching book about several women in Afghanistan. It was remarkable to read the things these women had to endure. The book was filled with heartache and disappointment for these women and it was powerful. It certainly put a perspective on my life and increased my awareness of how greatly blessed my life has been.

So it's official, I'm an adult. I'm going to go and see what other adult like things I can do now!

2 comments:

Laina said...

That's funny actually...like two years ago I joined a book club my mom was in. I would have stayed in it except they read one book a month and I just couldn't keep up. Being in school full time just made it too hard....sad. I will again one day. I love reading!

RuSty and LaLa said...

I do think your a big nerd. But I like you. And sorry to crush your being an adult but my neice was in a book club and she is in the 5th grade. I thought it was really cute. They read little girly books and had snacks that went along with the theme of the book...cuter!