Tuesday, November 11, 2008

College of William and Mary Weekend

This past weekend Peter and I took his darling sister Kim down to Williamsburg to visit the College of William and Mary (WM). You see Peter's sister Kim is an amazing athlete and WM is interested in recruiting her for basketball. They invited her down to watch a practice, tour the campus, and meet with the coach. Well luckily Peter's parents weren't able to take her and so Peter and I happily volunteered.

Williamsburg is absolutely gorgeous with the colonial buildings and the outrageous fall colors. The campus was full of beautiful brick buildings and was very charming. I'll have to admit I felt kind of cool walking around with Kim as she is being recruited, and she's tall and gorgeous.
They gave us free tickets to the WM football game that night and so of course we took them up on it. But first, we went to the famous Peking Chinese Buffet that everyone seems to rave about. And as if we hadn't eaten badly enough, Kim and I had to get cotton candy at the game.
The next morning we attended church at their old ward, walked through Colonial Williamsburg, and then headed to Peking once more. Oh yes we did! Now it seemed like a great idea at the time to visit this most amazing buffet within 12 hours of our previous visit (it's that good!), but I certainly was feeling the pain and disgust the whole rest of the day.

We had a great time chatting together and sleeping in our sleeping bags. Peter and I are so grateful to have family close by and to be able to really be a part of their lives. Thanks for being such a great athlete Kim so we could go on this fun trip. And thanks for being fun and down to earth too.

P.S. I almost forgot one of the great highlights from the weekend, we got gas for this much.... Unbelievable!

5 comments:

RuSty and LaLa said...

Wow! Gas is going down! Fun trip. Food is such a double edge sword. I love it...and I hate it.

I was just realizing that you are such an east coast little family. That world is so foreign to me. It must be very different from your so cal upbringing. Fun adventures.

HH said...

Um guess what? I got gas at Safeway the other day and because I spend so much money there for work and personal, I had a 50cent discount, so my gas was $1.83. Wow, it only cost me $30 to fill and I was on empty..... That has never happened since I bought my car........ OK bye.

Jessica said...

Holy COW!!! Jen gas is so cheap there!!!! I could move there just for the gas prices!!! looks like you and Kim and Peter had a great time.

ej said...

I am so glad you guys had a great weekend, it sounds like it was super fun. We so wished we could have seen you guys this past weekend- we miss you! Um gas prices = a happy me :)

Laina said...

OMG that campus is soo pretty!!