Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween

This past Halloween my friend from work, Misty, invited Peter and I over to celebrate. She lives in the Mt. Pleasant neighborhood of D.C. which is known for the great Trick or Treating. Every year her street gets closed down for everyone to go Trick or Treating. It was so fun to sit on her porch with friends and observe all the children and their darling costumes coming by for candy. We had a counter and we had over 1410 kids come. That is not a joke! At one point we had two baskets of candy going and we were using both hands each in order to dish it fast enough.
Then once the kids stopped coming around, the neighbor brought out his stereo system and blared "Thriller". All the adults gathered in the middle of the street for a mini dance party. It was so fun! I hope we get invited to Misty's every year for Halloween.
Misty and Cory (the Hosts)Don't worry, that is not Cory's real hair.

3 comments:

The Martin's said...

I wanna come there for halloween!

HH said...

You guys look cute...... I can't wait for December to come.

ej said...

I keep missing posts of yours- but the Thriller in the street sounds like so much fun, lol. I wonder how much your friend spends in candy every year...