Monday, November 24, 2008

Microwave + 12 Dancing Princesses= Best Day EVER

The title of this post may sound dramatic, but I assure it is not. Peter and I purchased a microwave for our place back in May. We had to wait until July for it to come and be installed. On that dreadful day it was revealed to us that the door would not open due to the wall next to the microwave. I was so frustrated, all I wanted to do was have the home perfect for Peter for when he came home. Well we searched for weeks to try and find a different microwave that would fit in the space and still open. But there were none! It really was amazing how there was not one small enough or that opened to the other side or that would open up and still meet building codes. So we finally decided to have someone come in and work on the wall in our kitchen so that we could fit our microwave. Well it took months for him to commit, more months for him to call us back and even more months for him to come and finish it. (Okay, maybe I exaggerated there a little bit.) Well it was finally finished on Thursday and he really did a great job. So Friday, Home Depot came and installed our microwave! It's been months of heating things up in pans and yearning for a microwave of our own. Yahoo for the microwave! Now Peter and I can live the leisurely life we have always dreamed of.
And as if this day could get any better, it did. We went to see the Briar Woods High School rendition of The 12 Dancing Princesses. Yes, my husband attended a play titled, "The 12 Dancing Princesses"! Katie, Peter's little sister was in the show and so of course we wanted to see it. She was the Queen of all the Princesses, oh yeah! She really is so talented and it was so fun to see her on stage all dressed up performing.
Oh yea, then we got some Cold Stone to top it all off. I'm telling you, I'm living THE LIFE.

2 comments:

ej said...

YAY for a new AND functioning microwave!!!!! Now when you have kids you can tell them "back when I was young we once went 5 whole months without a microwave. 5 whole months!" lol. I seriously would have had to go buy a counter top one for the mean time. I am not as strong as you.
PS- just the sentence "Peter went to see 12 Dancing Princesses" gives us a giggle...he's a good brother.

HH said...

Peter looks good.......
I can't wait to see you guys.
Love you.