Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Skyline Drive

This past Sunday Peter and I decided to go check out the beautiful fall colors up at the Shenandoah National Park. It's about an hour away from us and absolutely gorgeous. I know my pictures don't show much, but I was out of battery and only got a few shots.
It was such a beautiful day, so peaceful. We even took our picnic basket (courtesy of cousin Brit and her family) and our portable grill (courtesy of the Dalton family) and had a fancy picnic. I think we need more of these days in our lives where we just relax and enjoy what and who we are surrounded by.

2 comments:

Laina said...

Soooo pretty! I LOVE fall colors. I was soo excited to go to NYC this past week and see all the fall colors in Central park. So my dismay there were none. The trees decided to wait until after I left! I'm jealous! I miss that about Utah!

RuSty and LaLa said...

Very fun. That is one of our fav. Sun activities. Well not going to your national park, but having picnics in pretty places. Easy to find round these parts. Not so much the fall colors.