Thursday, October 30, 2008

Birthday Celebration

On Tuesday we celebrated my birthday and what a day it was. Peter surprised me with flowers and a card when I woke up. Then took me to Einsteins for my favorite bagel, Everything Bagel, of course. Then after work he took me to Chevy's. Another one of my favorite eateries. Now I know many of you may not agree with me liking Chevy's and are probably saying, "I can think of a lot better places to eat than Chevy's". But you must know, they have the best chips and salsa ever made. And for those of you that know me well, know that I'm kind of obsessed with chips and salsa. Plus they have these amazing flautas that you dip in a sweet jalapeno jelly. Oh Yeah! (Thought about you Cassie as I stuffed my face.)
That night we went to Peter's sister Kim's volleyball game and came out with a victory. After the game we went to Peter's families house for some cake and celebration. Peter made a Funfetti cake all by himself and it was so good! So basically I just ate all day. It was a great birthday, thanks for all the calls and best wishes. I have to say that one of the best gift I got on my birthday was this in my email in box. These are the Jensen kids, whom I adore and miss so much. Aren't they the cutest things you have ever seen? (Besides your own children of course.)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been hunting you down for months now and fortunately I found you through the world wide web. I just wanted to tell you and Peter congratulations and also see where you live? I am a newly married man and looking for cool couples to hang out with and I think Peter and I are pretty cool and that you and my wife are certainly sufficiently cool--at least enough to kick it with us.
We live near Clarendon.
Congrats again (a little late)!

*And don't think I don't remember this offense (http://www.tamponcrafts.com/gun.html)

Laina said...

Happpy [belated] birthday!!! SOunds like you had a fun day and lots of yummy food!!!

ej said...

I was showing the kids the pictures from your b-day and the one where you guys are having cake I asked where it was at and Aly pipes up with "Rosie's House!!", lol. So glad you had a great birthday. You and Peter look so happy :)

Flinders Family said...

glad you had such a great birthday! And I do love Chevys so I think it's a great pick!

cassie said...

Oh Jen I miss you and our trips to Chevy's. I agree... chips and salsa at Chevy's can't be beat. That's why we became friends so quickly. : )

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday girl! Glad it was a great one. We are right there with ya on the chips and salsa at Chevy's. They are some of the best we've ever had! (but no Chevy's around here :(

RuSty and LaLa said...

Happy b-day!

Kris King said...

I accidentally ran across your blog and want to congratulate you on your marriage! Peter, way to go, you really picked a good wife, I have heard many good things about her through the Folsom grapevine. I know you will be a wonderful husband, and ....father...someday.

Kris (Palmer) King