Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Once again

My work has taken me to another desired destination. I spent this last week in San Diego for work. Although I get worn out from being gone so much and I really miss my husband, being in San Diego is not too bad. I just feel so relaxed and happy there. The weather is perfect and the scenery is beautiful. I, of course, spent some time with family, which is my favorite part. One night my Grandma and my Aunt came down to my hotel for dinner and a sleepover. No sleepover with Grandma would be complete without a few gossip magazines. I'm not kidding, my Grandma is the coolest. She realized she didn't have any with her and so after dinner she requested that we stop at 7-11 in order to get some. After work was finished on Friday I spent the afternoon with my Grandparents at the beach and then dinner with more family. It's a tradition whenever my family is near my cousins family (the Holmes) that we have a cousin sleepover. Over the years these have become a very big deal and you are not considered a CC (cool cousin) or are labeled "anti-family" if you do not attend. Well since Ty and I were the only cousins around, we had our own; complete with Father of the Bride and everything.
Saturday was another beach day (gorgeous day), watched BYU play (or not), topped of with some Rummikub with Grandma. I even got to attend the ward I went to high school in and saw some great family friends and old church leaders on Sunday. There is nothing like going home (or what feels like home to me).

4 comments:

ej said...

Your Grandma seriously sounds like the coolest, the gossip magazines solidified that for me :)

Rosemary said...

That sounds way fun!

Trent & Brooke said...

oh G-ma and the mags-- what a perfect picture! LoVe her.

Flinders Family said...

We were totally in San Diego the same time as you!!! Would have loved to see you! We need to talk more so we can coordinate our schedules better. lame! I miss you!