Monday, May 4, 2009

The Civil War

This last weekend Peter and I went on a hot date to the city to get some dinner and a show. We went to Ford's Theater and saw the musical The Civil War. I've always wanted to go to a show in Ford's Theater because it's such a historical building. As you're sitting in the audience you can look up and see the balcony where Abraham Lincoln was killed. The theater is small and very quaint, so the sound is amazing.

While the show was different than I expected, it was so good. The songs follow the experiences of different people throughout the Civil War intermixed with quotes from famous people at the time like Frederick Douglas and Abraham Lincoln. The singers were so good. I have never heard people just belt out a song with everything they got like that in person before. I loved the upbeat songs the boys sang together, the power they sang those songs with were really impressive.

It was a great night to get out and be in the city, plus I love a little date with my man. And of course I didn't take any pictures of us because I'm lame and always forget to or forget to bring my camera.

2 comments:

ej said...

Hey fun! I didn't even know you could see a show in the Ford theatre, what a cool experience.

The Crowley's said...

You guys get to do some great things out there- how is happy married life. We miss you guys, hope all is well.