Friday, April 3, 2009

A happy day

Two Sundays ago was a really happy day. I was in San Diego attending church with my Aunt and one of my good friends from high school, Michelle, walked in with her family. I have not seen her in several years although we have corresponded briefly over that time.

Of course we chatted for a while after the meeting and I can't stop thinking about it. My friend Michelle has since gotten married to a great guy, joined the LDS church, and now has two kids of her own. It was so great to sit down and catch up on all the details of her life. I wish I could describe to you how happy she was. I could just tell on her face and in her voice as she described her life and being a mom. It made me so happy to see this. I can't seem to stop thinking about it and I'm getting emotional even writing about this. I just feel this burst of joy thinking about how happy she is and all the changes and blessing she has in her life.I've spent my entire life hoping that others could feel the joy I have in my life. I chose my profession because of that, I served a mission for the LDS church, and try to be a good person for that very reason. Life is about having joy and to see that someone I care about gets that and has that in her life; it just brings me even greater happiness. It reminded me once again how much joy we can receive from knowing and following Jesus Christ and through family life.

3 comments:

Adam & Jetta said...

What a great experience! It's times like these that help solidify my testimony. Thanks for sharing.

Brock and Michelle Mathis said...

Ok so you really are just so cute! It was so wonderful to catch up with you too! I am so happy in my life and I do feel that is the church that has been the greatest blessing in my life and in the life of my family. I don't know where I'd be without it. You know you did have an influence in my life as we were growing up and I saw the great values that you had and how you were always so happy and so fun. I am so thankful that we are still friends after all these years. Its so funny how life turns out isn't it. Back then who would have ever thought that I'd join the church. Hopefully others that we know will too!

Laina said...

You are so sweet Jen.