Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Some Randoms

- Peter and I had a great Valentines Day. We went to see He's Just Not That Into You, which didn't turn out to be the fun, light hearted, lovey dovey chick flick I was hoping for, but oh well. Peter then took me to a Greek/Mediteranian Restaurant Mykonos.
It was so good! I absolutely love Greek food and Peter was cute enough to find this place and take me.

- Here is a picture of my handsome husband being a goober.
- After dinner and a movie on Valentines Day I surprised Peter with homemade Chocolate Molten Cake. To my surprise it actually turned out and was soooo good. We ate our dessert in from of the fire and then watched our favorite show West Wing.
-One thing I was reminded of this week is the power of brotherly love. Peter's sister Kim was upset after her basketball game on Friday and really didn't want to talk to anyone. Peter just went over and told her he loved her and then they hugged eachother for the longest time. It's often after bad games that Peter is the only one she wants to talk to. I don't know what it is about their relationship, but she trusts him and values his feedback. And even though Peter is the biggest teaser and jokester with his sisters, when it comes to Kim being upset, he instantly softens and shows her his love and encourages her. You'd think he was bipolar if you listen to how angry and frustrated he gets during the games at the Refs, but then after the games he turns into this very loving brother full of encouragement for his sister. I guess it's not too strange since both forms of emotion during and after the game are forms of love and protectiveness for his sister. Anyway, it's cute.












1 comment:

ej said...

It looks like you guys had a really nice Valentine's day! How can you go wrong with Molten Chocolate Cake?! And about Peter and Kim, it's something Nathan and I have talked about all the Bell kids. How do we get our children to love one another like they loved (and love) each other?! We really want to know how Rosie got 3 boys to adore their sisters so much. Sometimes we think it had a lot to do with Peter's example....Though that doesn't help our cause much, lol