Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our Weekend

This last weekend was pretty relaxing and fun. Peter generally has to study a lot on the weekends, but since he doesn't have a test this week, we were able to just have fun. On Friday we came home from work, ate dinner and then went to see the matinee of Taken.
It's such a good movie. There is a lot of suspense, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I love movies like that, scary and suspenseful at the same time. After that we went to Kim's basketball game. It's always fun going to high school games and cheering on family. They didn't pull out a victory, but they did much better than their previous game against this opponent. Ice cream at the Bell's never hurt anyone either. Oh, and we got to meet Katie's special friend which was great too. What happened to boys having cooties?
Saturday I slept in while Peter played church b-ball. Apparently some of the wives go to support their husbands, but I wasn't really feeling it at 8 am. Not sure if I would feel it at another time either, but oh well. I went to a baby shower of a friend and realized I am clueless. My friend Dannii and I, both of us don't have children nor are we pregnant, sat together and tried to figure out what most of the gifts were and what they were used for. I had no idea what boppy's were or that humidifiers in baby rooms are a necessity.
That night we ended up playing games with a bunch of couples at a friends house. I'm sorry to say that Peter and I got worked at Cranium. It was seriously embarrassing and we both were getting irritated by how poorly we were playing and how hard some of our questions were. It's nice though to finally be making some new friends in our ward, and so nice to have the time to actually do something with them.

This is Dannii being a puppet for Meg. We were all dying laughing, we obviously didn't capture the hilarity of the moment with this picture. Oh well.


No comments: