Monday, March 31, 2008

Saturday Afternoon

After the marathon Peter and I went over to the Washington Monument to enjoy the Cherry Blossom Festival and watch all the kites around.Little did I know Peter had a little surprise up his sleeve. When I came back from the bathroom and sat down on the blanket I noticed I was sitting on something. Peter instantly pulled back the blanket and there was a ring box. Oh, yes! Peter then got down on his knee and asked me to marry him. I was so surprised and beyond happy. He makes me so happy and comfortable with who I am. He encourages me to be everything I hope to be and do everything I wish to accomplish. He seems to love all my radical ideas of changing the world and making it a better place. I am so happy and feel very lucky to be able to get to marry such a great man.

Just minutes later my roommates coincidentally walked by and so I got to share the moment with them too. So fun!
Later in the afternoon Peter and I went on a boat cruise of the Potomac River to enjoy the scenery and the cherry blossoms.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

its about TIME!!!!!!

yay! im so excited for you guys! and a little bit excited for me that i had a hand in you two dating.

love you both!

Unknown said...

Jen,
Congrats and welcome to the family!!! We are very excited for you guys!!
Love ya,
Amber & Mike

The Joslyn Family said...

Jenny I am so, so, so happy for you!! When is the big day? Congrats to you both. What wonderful news!!