Saturday, March 1, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley


I know this is a super late post, but I feel as though it is important for me to share my feelings about this man. And besides, I need to be better at writing on my blog again. I mean really, it's kind of ridiculous that I don't write more often.

President Gordon B. Hinckley, for those of you that may not be familiar with him, is the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He was called as a prophet just as Moses or Abraham were in ancient times. He was called to share the word of God with the people of the world. A prophet receives revelation directly from God to guide and direct His people in these times.

I believe this President Gordon B. Hinckley to be such a prophet of God. Throughout my life I have looked up to this man. He is a man of great humility and kindness. He truly lives the principles that he teaches. He worked tirelessly throughout his life to bring closer to Jesus Christ. He labored to bring peace, charity, and joy to the world. He had such a gentle, loving, kind spirit about him. Any time he walked into a room or spoke where I was present I felt a great warmth and feeling of peace. You may say this is how I know him to be a prophet of God.

President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away several weeks ago. This news brought me great sadness but also some joy. Although I will miss the example of this man and his sweet smile. I am glad he is able to rest (somewhat) from his work and enjoy the presence of his wife and loved ones once again.

I am grateful for the things he has taught me and the life he has lived. Thank you.

1 comment:

The Shepro's said...

Hey Jenn, it has been a while since I have seen you last. It is good to see that you are doing well. I found you through Skea's page. I am here in Iowa, I met your relative, Brittney. She is my VT companion, I love her. Just thought I'd say hi and now I know where to find you. Robyn Shepro...aka Sis Clements