Monday, June 4, 2007

The little things I love

It is the small things around me that make this experience:

1. Public restrooms don’t provide toilet paper. That could potentially be a problem or even a
huge problem.

2. I found this little gecko in our apartment complex. It’s so cute! It’s smaller than a lot of the bugs around.
3. American night! Friday we went to TGIFridays and then went
to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It was so fun.

4. I love the kids in the Philippines; they are so funny and friendly. These two little girls were trying to sell roses on the bay, they walked up dancing and goofing off.
5. This kid calls himself 2-Pac, he did a little dance for us too. They just make me happy.
6. Our cold shower makes life great. In fact, it makes life amazing at the end of the day.

7. The sunset makes life great too.
8. The lady who called me chubby today. Yep! I even asked her what she said just to clarify, and sure enough she called me chubby. Oh joy!

9. I love when people obey the signs.

10. I also love that I have an excuse to wear my hair up
everyday. With the heat, humidity, and the fact that our hair
blow dryers don't work here, I can wear my hair up everyday.
(and my Mom's not here to comment on it either)

2 comments:

S.A.S. said...

Jen! I just re-found your blog and am so excited to catch up! Have to say that I LOVE your hair up, and am glad you have the excuse... and chubby? ha. Was she a sweet blind woman? I love your experiences...

Shari Bailey said...

Jen, I love reading your blog! i love learning more about the culture and you make it sound like its a great experience and i envy you that you are out there. I would love to celebrate more in life! so I am with you on that one! as for chubby! puh lease, she is so blind! ;) love ya and keep updatin the blog!
Shari Bailey