Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Use your smiling muscles

I had another experience this weekend that reminded me why I am so grateful to me a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. After much searching, a little anxiety, and a really long walk, I found a chapel to attend church. I walked in and instantly felt better. Life was good! I just had this overwhelming feeling of peace and gratitude. Feelings I know my Heavenly Father knew I needed.

I had brought a friend with me that doesn’t know much about my religion and so I was a little nervous when I realized that the meeting was not in English. I soon realized that there was so reason to worry; the spirit was very present in that room. The hymns were sung in English and without a piano to accompany us. It was a beautiful sound that I hope to not soon forget. The Stake President then stood and spoke of how important it is for each of us to be happy and to smile always. His words were simple, but great.

It is experiences like these that continue to remind me of the truth I know and feel. So, in the words of the Stake President, “I am going to use my smiling muscles and show the world I am members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints”.

1 comment:

Flinders Family said...

The Gospel is so amazing in that respect. We are so lucky that no matter where in the world we are, we can find the church and feel of the Spirit even if we can't understand what is being spoken.