Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Philippines


I decided it still wasn't time to grow up and so instead of getting a real job upon graduation I have ventured to the Philippines for the summer. I was given the opportunity to work for a non-profit organization in Manila for a few months and so I took it. I arrived just a few days ago and will be here until the beginning of August.


I am working for an organization called Community and Family Services International (CFSI). CFSI provides a variety of services to several countries including peace work, community organizing, community development, and refugee support. www.cfsi.ph I will be working on helping the organization create a 3-5 year strategic plan and several proposals for the Park Avenue Initiative which serves the children and families in the community we work in.


I wanted to be able to share my experiences with everyone and so I feel this blog will be the best way. So I hope you enjoy joining me on my many adventures.

1 comment:

Shimbo said...

Hi Jen,

This is so great to see what you are doing over there. How exciting to have your masters degree. I am so proud of you! If anyone can change this world-it'll be you. Is the picture of the front of the apartment sign where you live? Can you get a picture of the inside of your living quarters? Zach will love this.