Friday, September 10, 2010

The night before the Wedding

My brother recently got married and the night before the big day we had a little celebration with both families. We went to the McLeans to set up the tables and chairs for the next day, had a great dinner (made by my Dad), and then Mike put on a little concert for us. It was really nice to see extended family and get to spend time with the Jurgensmeiers too.
Then Mike sang a few tunes as a tribute to the lovely couple. It was such a great feeling being in a room with so many people I love so much and hearing music about the importance of love and family. I love my family! I am so grateful for a loving God who gave us one another and allows us to be together forever.
And of course, we ended the night with some smores around the fire. How can a night that ends with smores around the campfire not be great?!

No comments: