Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Learning to use Fondant

Our friends, Matt and Corie, came out a few Fridays ago to celebrate Peter's birthday and to teach us the art of fondant. We made the fondant and then each couple decorated a cake. It was really cool to learn how to make it and use it. I probably enjoyed it more because Peter had to do all the manual labor behind rolling it and hand mixing the color in. We had a good time though. The theme for the cakes was Peter (since it was his birthday), as you can probably tell. The woman on the cake is me!

4 comments:

The Crowley's said...

they look great. I want to learn that some day but it looks hard. Now you are ready for the Cake off challenge.

Laina said...

OMG I have really wanted to try making it!!!!

Tiana said...

Well done! I have always wanted to try fondant. You will have to teach me, now that you are a pro.

ivyjeanne said...

Looking pretty professional over there. Happy late birthday to Peter!