Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Our weekend

I don't know what my problem is but I just can't seem to remember to take out my camera and take pictures of our weekend. After a long week of boring work and school (for Peter) I was so looking forward to this weekend. Friday night we spent eating pizza and watching the BYU football game at Peter's parents house. It's rough though when the games are night games and are out west. I definitely didn't make it through the entire game before I fell asleep.

My good friend Jeanette from grad school and her husband came in town for the weekend and stayed with us. After catching up in the morning, I headed off to go shopping with Peter's sisters and Mom to get some items for their upcoming Homecoming weekend and just for fun too. It's been so long since I've been shopping and I actually enjoyed it. Saturday night was Jeanette and Wyatt's wedding open house for their friends in D.C. It was on the top level of our friends apartment building and it has beautiful views. I can't wait to have a party of our own there sometime. I need to find a good excuse.

Sunday morning we woke up and made the most delightful breakfast. It's always fun when you have company and have the excuse to make a good breakfast. We made french toast with this apple cinnamon bread from a nearby bakery. It was so good topped with whipped cream and caramel. Yum! Then we had some scrambled eggs with feta, green onions, and paprika. I don't know how I thought up this meal, but I'm a huge fan. I'm pretty sure I used my allotted calories for the entire day on this one meal though.

We spent the afternoon watching conference and lounging around the house. I even took a lovely Sunday nap. Seriously, there are few things better than a Sunday afternoon nap. Peter doesn't get why I love them so much, but I just do. I remember when I was a kid (and teenager) our parents forced us to take a nap on Sundays and if we didn't want to sleep we had to lay in our bed and read a church story or something. Genius, my parents; I'm totally implementing that rule when we have kids!

And now it's back to school and work for the week. Peter has two quizzes this week and then midterms next week so I'm sure it's going to be a fun one!

1 comment:

ej said...

Again with the food, it sounds delicious! :)