Monday, October 12, 2009

Oh, High School

This weekend was full of events that reminded us of the sweet times in high school. Oh, good old high school. Kim and Katie were both nominated for Homecoming Queen this year and we got to enjoy watching them in the spotlight this last weekend. On Friday was the parade around the neighborhood in their fancy cars. It was fun to see the community out and about cheering on the high school students and admiring our Kim and Katie. I even got to ride in the car with Katie and it was so fun to see how much everyone loved her. I especially liked when the Porshe stalled out because we were driving so slow, good time. Then at the game, boy do I love high school football games, they were presented at half time. I was so proud of these girls, as if they were my own. Living near these two and getting to see them grow up and enjoy their high school experience is definitely one of the highlights for Peter and I living here.
On Saturday I went and helped the girls get ready for the dance. I love it when the ask me to help! It's so fun to do their hair and see them all dolled up. They both looked gorgeous and again I was so proud as they walked out the door.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

It's so great to live near family and it looks like your husband's family is a lot of fun! :)

Trent & Brooke said...

Jen- I remember when you helped me get ready for dances! oh i miss that...

Rosemary said...

We do love that you are here to "doll up" the girls! I'm not so good at the hair stuff. We love that you and peter are here to share this with us. Wish others in the family were closer too :( That is one hard thing about sending the kids out to BYU all the way from VA. But we love the times we get to come together. Thanks Jen and Peter for all you do for us.