Thursday, August 28, 2008

Peter's First Day

My husband Peter started medical school on Monday, August 25, 2008. He is attending the Uniformed Services University in Bethesda, MD which is just outside of D.C. He is going to be a doctor for the U.S. Air Force. Hence the uniform.(I know it's blurry, sorry, I'm still trying to get use to this whole "being a good wife" thing.)

I'm excited Peter is able to do something he loves and feels good about. I know it will be a long road to get through school, but I am excited for the journey. I know there will be lots of great adventures ahead, both good and bad as we go about this. I am proud of Peter though and the decisions he has made to be a doctor, to provide for his family, and to serve and be a part of something bigger than himself. He said to me the other day, with a grin on his face, that he is a part of the greatest religion in the world and the greatest country in the world, both of which he is willing to serve. When he says things like that, my fears of the future seem dissipate.

1 comment:

ej said...

He gets to wear fatigues to school? Sah-weet! I guess they mean business :) Good luck Peter!