Monday, September 3, 2007

Being Home

So being back from the Philippines has been different than I expected. I returned a few weeks ago and still am totally out of it. I spent the first week and a half just trying to catch up on my sleep and convert my time clock to the proper time. I spent a lot of time searching for jobs and housing (I’m trying to be grown up). I just feel so far removed from my life here in DC. I don’t have a place to live, I don’t see the same friends, etc. I just feel different and my perspective is different. I wish that I could explain it better, but I just can’t.


Last week I went to California to visit my family and just relax. It was so great! I spent almost a week at a cabin in Lake Tahoe. It is such a beautiful place and I have so many great childhood memories there. I met my cousins and my parents there. It was so fun to water ski, swim, play tennis, go on bike rides, etc. I just love it there and I love being able to be with my family even more.
I even got to spent a couple days with my sister and play with my nieces a little. I sure missed them!
While I was at Lake Tahoe I actually got a job offer and I accepted. I am working for JBS International. We run the Child Welfare reviews in each state for the Federal Government. It will be great to be a part of conducting and analyzing the reviews. I will also gain a great perspective of how the Child Welfare System is working on so many different levels. I feel very lucky to have gotten a job so quickly. I'm actually still a little shocked at how quickly it all occurred, I thought I would be interviewing for weeks and weeks.

So even though I don't have as many exciting things to report, I will do my best to keep you all updated on my life.

3 comments:

Flinders Family said...

congrats on the job! That is exciting. So where is it? Fill me in!

ej said...

Love the pics of your cute neices!!! Good to see what you've been up to!

Whitney said...

I just wanted to say hello! Congrats on the new job. You mentioned trying to be grown up, but you sound like you are taking care of everything nicely.