Saturday, March 31, 2012

They have Arrived!

I can't believe I'm writing this post. To be honest, I don't really even know what to write. I'll try to briefly describe the recent events in our family, but you should know that there is no way that I can adequately express to you all that Peter and I have been feeling.

On Tuesday, March 20th I was admitted to the hospital after a routine visit with my doctor. As I spent the week in the hospital I was so slowly getting worse and on Sunday, March 25th the doctors were concerned about my health and decided they needed to get the babies out that day. At 5:41pm on Sunday we were a family of 2 and at 5:44pm we were a family of 5.

Taylor Kay Bell was born at 5:42pm weighing in at 4 lbs. 11 ounces
Carder Thomas Bell was born at 5:43pm weighing in at 3lbs. 15 ounces and is 17.2 inches long
Cruz William Bell was born at 5:44pm weighing in at 4lbs. 2 ounces and is 16 inches long

The babies are all healthy and doing well. They are in the NICU since they are premature and need some assistance to get things functioning. The day after they were born they were doing so well breathing that they were able to start breathing on their own without any assistance. They are now regulating their own temperature as well. They still receive nutrition through a tube through their nose, but they have started feeding through bottles as well every three hours. It's a really small amount but they are taking more and more. They will probably have to remain there for another week or two until they are strong enough to come home and are eating and growing enough.
Taylor Kay

 Cruz William

 Carder Thomas
I got home from the hospital on Friday and am doing my best to recover so that I can get ready to take care of these babies soon. I feel beat up, but I'm so grateful that the babies are doing well. I'm getting better, it's just taking a little while. The next few weeks we'll be visiting the NICU a lot to spend time with the babies!

20 comments:

knygard said...

I was just thinking about you today. So happy the babies are doing well and that you are recovering. So wonderful, wish I could come see you. Congratulations and I hope the routine and transition to these little ones coming home is smooth.

The Crowley's said...

I was totally crying while reading this. We are so happy for you guys!! I wish so much we could be there with you and see these sweet babies. Congrats to your whole family.

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations Jen and Peter. I've been blog stalking you for a few days now. Your babies are so beautiful. I hope they continue to thrive and you recover quickly!

Kate and Robbie said...

Jen. Ive been a blog stalker for along time now! I'm so happy to see you get the three little miracles here!!

Kristie said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for the babies to be so healthy! You made it so far and they are so big. My little Leah was born on 3/25, 5 years ago at 28 weeks so you did WAY better with 3 than I did with one. It is no fun to have a baby in the NICU but at least you know they are where they need to be to get bigger and stronger. They will be home before you know it. Be sure to grab THREE of the tiny diapers they use in the NICU so you can show them when they are older just how little they were. Please feel free to call/write if you have any NICU questions.

Shauna said...

YAY!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for this post! Congratulations! You guys are going to be the best parents.

I'm a little offended that you didnt name one of them Shauna (a middle name would have worked) but it makes up for it because....They were born on my birthday!!!!!!!

Tiana said...

Yay!! I second Shauna when I say I have been waiting and waiting for this post!! I am so excited for you guys. I am so happy that they are all healthy, and that you, Jen, are recovering. They look great and I hope they keep growing and getting stronger so you can have them home soon.

Cheryl said...

Way to go Mommy! What a journey. I am thrilled to hear they are all here safely and doing well. They look darling and i love the names. March must be the NICU month as I read your friend Kristie's comment. Our Lexi was born on March 24th 5 years ago at 27 weeks and spent forever in the NICU. (she is doing great) anyway, u know yours are healthy and in a great place...take the time to recover and enjoy that special time with them when u can. she made a great point about grabbing NICU diapers we love looking back at the size she used to wear. Oh I love you and your darling little family. I am so happy for you and amazed that you just had triplets...WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

ej said...

I am DYING over these pics!!! My mom is here and dying over them with me :) That picture of Taylor is just too much. Cuteness overload- but then, there are not one, but TWO handsome boys right after- so dang cute.
I am so grateful your body was able to get them here safely -carrying 13lbs of baby in your petite little frame- it's amazing how long you carried them. Glad the babes are thriving and I hope you feel better and stronger each day.

Marianne and Brad said...

Jen and Peter! The babes are SO cute. We are soo soo soo happy for you guys and so excited to meet them!! We love you!!

Whitney said...

They're beautiful! Congratulations times 3!!!!! Amazing!

B said...

Congrats, Jen! Wow, mom of three already! They're perfect!

Scott and Laura said...

Congrats! So excited for you! And They were good sizes! No wonder you were so uncomfortable. They are way cute!

ej said...

Dear Peter and Jen, I am so, so, so jealous that N. got to see those cute babies. I have seen them in pictures. I wish that you could come this summer so we can see them for real. I just love babies. I feel like I have to see every person that I know I have to see there baby and I really want to see yours because there is 3 babies at a time and I do not know any one that had 3 babies at a time I wonder how you Jen could hold all those babies it is crazy!!
Love, Kennedy

Angelavon said...

So HAPPY for you guys! They are beautiful, strong...and you can tell little fighters! They are going to get stronger every day and catch up quickly! Congratulations! Jenn, you are a warrior! You can do it!

ivyjeanne said...

Hurray! So glad they arrived safe and sound. I'm guessing your poor body was sure ready for a break. What a great thing you did for them. I love the names and I love their little faces even more! How fun that Taylor is the "big" sis -- born first and all. ;) I hope you heal well and can store up some energy for the days ahead. Congratulations to you, Peter & team! ;)

ivyjeanne said...

Hurray! So glad they arrived safe and sound. I'm guessing your poor body was sure ready for a break. What a great thing you did for them. I love the names and I love their little faces even more! How fun that Taylor is the "big" sis -- born first and all. ;) I hope you heal well and can store up some energy for the days ahead. Congratulations to you, Peter & team! ;)

Tara Pugmire said...

Just so amazing! Keep the photos coming! Just so happy you and the babies are healthy!

Tara Pugmire said...

Just so amazing! Keep the photos coming! Just so happy you and the babies are healthy!

Jenny said...

Your babies are beautiful and such a miracle. So happy for you and Peter! What an awesome family.