Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Parents came to visit

My parents came in to town this last week and we had a great time. We spent a day on the North Shore snorkeling, enjoying Sunset Beach, and indulging in fruit from the roadside stands and Ted's bakery. The next day we spent time at the beach in Waikiki .
Another day we hiked to Sacred Falls and then snorkeled at Hanauma Bay and ended the night at Nico's by the pier for some fresh fish. Our days have been busy!
Friday we kayaked to the Moks Islands and then went to Spaghetti Factory and then to the movie, Secretariat.

Saturday was extra fun. We attended the Laie Temple open house. It was such a beautiful temple and I loved the peaceful feeling that was there. It's funny now that I think about it, but our next activity was skydiving. That definitely was not peaceful. My Mom and I actually did it, we jumped out of an airplane at 14,000 feet. It was incredible and hard to describe how it felt. The scenery was beautiful, the rush was amazing, and I'm so grateful I'm alive! So cool. Afterwards we swam out to Chinaman's Hat Island and hiked to the top. I have to admit, my parents are pretty cool to do all of these things. The hike was not easy, in fact we had to climb several rocks that were pretty steep. I was impressed.
Sunday was pretty low key, we went to church and then took a drive up the west side of the island to show them what it's like.

Thanks Mom and Dad for coming to visit. It was really great to spend time with you and do so many fun things together.

3 comments:

knygard said...

Way to go on the sky diving!

Unknown said...

im so jealous you guys went skydiving! I've always wanted to go. looks like you guys had tons of fun! wish we could have been there too

Kristin said...

I just got back from Oahu and I am sad I missed you by a week. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.