Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Don't ever hesitate!

So the other day I was riding the metro and I was just minding my own business, when I kept getting this feeling to give the Book of Mormon I was reading to the guy sitting next to me. I took a few minutes to think about what I would say and to get my nerve up. Well as I was doing this the man next to me starts to get up. I panicked because I knew I needed to give him this book. So I said, "Have you read this book before?". He said no and I quickly asked him if he would like to. He said yes with a big smile as I handed him the book. He got off the train seconds later. Whew! I almost missed my chance because I hesitated. Since this experience I can't stop thinking about what things I've missed because I've hesitated. I certainly could have given him a better introduction to the Book of Mormon and even helped him feel the Spirit. I'm sure I've missed many other opportunities to share what I believe because I have hesitated. What friends or guys have I passed up? What new experiences or adventures did I hesitate on that could have been great? How much money have I lost on plane tickets because I was worried and so I procrastinated? (Thanksgiving)

It's something to think about: what have I missed because I've hesitated? Well I submit that we just don't hesitate. We should jump at opportunities to open our mouths, experience new adventures and learn new things. I'm in if you're in!

2 comments:

The Crowley's said...

i love getting some updates, Erin has filled us in a bit but its great to catch up a bit, i still would like a personal update call- amber ps- way cool story

The Crowley's said...

i love getting some updates, Erin has filled us in a bit but its great to catch up a bit, i still would like a personal update call- amber ps- way cool story