Sunday, June 12, 2011

Update

Okay, I know it's been a long time since I've last posted. We have just been busy with school and work. Peter is just finishing up his 3rd year of medical school this week. Yahoo! I can't believe he only has one more year left of school. He'll be applying for his residency this fall. Exciting times everyone! I've been busy working as a social worker in Fairfax County. We moved back into our place last weekend and it's oh so nice! I love having all of our stuff back. I definitely have an increased gratitude for all the things that we have after this last year. So life is good for us these days!

Over Memorial Day Weekend we took a little trip with our friends, the Andersons, up to Palmyra, NY. We loved spending time with them and eating all the ice cream we could! Our first stop was Niagara Falls. I forgot how huge they are and how wet you get on the boat rides. It was really fun though.





Then we headed down to Palmyra to see all of the sites. We spent time at Joseph Smith's childhood home, the Sacred Grove where Joseph had his first vision, the Hill Cumorah where the Book of Mormon was buried, the Book of Mormon Publishing Site, the Martin Harris Farm,  and the Peter Whitmer Farm where The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was organized. I am grateful for the events that occurred at these sites. I'm grateful for a loving God that reveals truth through prophets and restored the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon was translated to bring another witness of Jesus Christ to the world.



    




2 comments:

Shayna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bell Family said...

Looks like a fun trip! Glad you all are back in your own place-must feel nice. Are you guys planning any California trips this summer?