Thursday, November 4, 2010

Update

Our time in Hawaii has come to an end. We finished it off by celebrating Robbie's birthday, eating at the Little Village Noodle House (amazing Chinese food), boogie boarding on the North Shore, and SHAVED ICE. What will I do without being able to get shaved ice whenever I want?! It's going to be a hard transition back to normal life. I left Hawaii very rejuvenated and happy.
We are now back on the mainland in the beautiful city of San Diego. We will be here until the middle of December. Peter will be working at the hospital here learning about Pediatrics while I will be enjoying the scenery and spending time with family. We each have a set of grandparents here, plus some aunts and uncles, a cousin, and Peter's brother, Tommy and his family. We are really excited to be able to spend time with everyone.

So far traveling around this year has gone really well. We have mastered the art of microwavable food, living out of 1.5 suitcases each and shared laundry facilities. I love being able to take this journey with my husband and enjoy all the places along the way.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Jen- I'm so glad to hear that your time in Hawaii was so good. I love checking in on your blog and hearing how you're doing!

Rachel Elizabeth Holmes said...

woooo party over thanksgiving!

ej said...

When someone like you says they've mastered the art of microwavable food, I tend to believe you :)
I appreciate the scripture you shared in the above post, btw.

B said...

So sad to know reading the Hawaii blogs will end - those have been great! Enjoy San Diego! I love that town!